Can you imagine a day without your phone? I am sure, no!
Everyone’s life revolves around their mobile phones, whether it’s about having a meeting or watching some show or staying connected with people. However, it is no longer just about communication. Instead, it is everything from listening to music on different apps to shopping from various e-commerce apps, from teaching online to taking classes online and whatnot.
Therefore, it becomes very evident that applications used in mobile phones are the reasons for the world to be connected. As a result, it is crucial that application owners provide their users with a flawless application with the help of Mobile App Testing.
Introduction to mobile app testing and its importance:
Mobile app testing is performed to analyze and evaluate the performance, functionality, usability, and security of any application in your mobile phone. It is a process that helps the app owners enhance their application’s performance when downloaded on various mobile phones, thus delighting their users with a smooth browsing experience.
With increased dependency on mobile phones, demand for mobile apps has simultaneously risen. With this growing use, mobile apps are becoming more intricate; thus, QA (quality assurance) testing has become a dire need for the same. Quality assurance testing of mobile apps will make these applications more accessible and robust to be capable of performing on multiple platforms and with different users.
Mobile app testing services are designed and provided by industry experts, keeping in mind the purpose your application serves. Every application is designed and developed in its unique pattern and thus performs differently on different platforms. Mobile app testing helps maintain the app’s design standard and enhances functionality when exposed to heavy user load or other mobile phones.
Types of mobile app tests:
Every application functions differently. The QA Testing process has varied types of testing, and validating what type works best for your application is a must. Thus, to analyze its performance, different tests are performed. Let’s look at some essential types of mobile app testing services:
- Functionality test: It is imperative for any application to function smoothly on your mobile phone. Through functionality software testing, you can identify how your application is functioning under varied conditions and what are the expected flaws that can hinder the same. Thus, mobile app testing services will prevent such flaws from occurring.
- Speed test- Any user can be annoyed with a slow working application. With so many features on the application, it can take time to access and run. Thus, it becomes necessary to test the speed of any application and analyze its loading time on different mobile devices.
- Usability test- To understand the success of your application development, analyze how satisfied your users are. Usability testing, also known as user experience testing, helps determine how the application performs with real users accessing it. Thus, enhancing the overall user experience making application browsing quick and easy.
While many other tests are essential and performed considering any application and its requirement, a few of them are performance tests, security tests, storage tests, and many more. Determine what your application needs the most and customize your software testing plan.
Top 5 best practices to follow for mobile app testing:
Mobile app testing is a meticulous process and requires a strategic approach. It is necessary for the QA team to be in sync with the dev team to make the process successful. However, it is not possible without following the best practices. Therefore, here are the top five best practices to follow when performing mobile app testing on any application:
- Plan it first- A mobile application has many features, and to perform testing on any application, you must understand what is important and what needs to be tested. Thus, planning is necessary. Mobile app testing needs a strategic plan of action where the QA team will list down the details that require their attention and what can be automated. For example, planning the flow of the app testing process, planning, and deciding the roles in teams for collaborative teamwork, and various other activities to successfully deliver the mobile application.
- Selecting the right test device- To perform testing on any mobile application, you need real-time devices. However, an application can perform differently on different mobile devices, whether it can be an android or an IOS smartphone. In addition, the application may vary in its design or speed; thus, it is crucial to select the devices that are majorly used by masses and perform mobile app testing.
- Design test cases and scripts- Mobile app testing can be performed manually or automatically. Thus, design test cases become crucial to define what functional tests are manually performed and what goes under automation. This will help the teams and application owners to understand the testing flow and make it a smooth process.
- Validate different testing types- As discussed above, various QA tests are to be performed to test the distinctive features of any mobile application. It can be functional, performance, security, usability, or other testing types. Thus, as a part of the process, it is necessary to understand the need for application and evaluate what tests are required to run on any application.
- Run tests in real environments- There are many details that must be tested on any mobile application. However, some of them can only be tested in a real environment like networks, text messages, incoming calls, or alerts like low batteries. Thus, it is necessary for QA teams to check how the application performs when interrupted by these features and run tests under a real environment using mobile devices rather than simulators.
An application is a representation of your business to your customers. Therefore, it is important that you provide your users with a flawless application to browse through. While developing any mobile application you must keep a check on its performance with the help of mobile app testing services. These services will not only help you detect any prevailing defects but prevent them from occurring.
There are many industry experts providing mobile app testing services to help you deliver a robust application into the market and build a delightful user experience.