People who can notice blood in the urine and suffer from unbearable pelvic pain should visit a urologist in Karachi. The symptoms correlate with cystitis, which may lead to kidney infection and cause multiple complications. The specialist will conduct tests to diagnose the illness and provide guidance regarding the treatment options for quick and smooth recovery.
Cystitis is the inflammation of the urinary tract due to Escherichia coli bacteria. Females are at a higher risk of suffering from cystitis. However, the treatment can help the patient recover in weeks. The common signs and symptoms of cystitis include:
- The individual has an increased urge to urinate.
- The patient can visibly notice the blood in the urine.
- The person can feel a burning sensation while urinating, which causes extreme discomfort.
- The patient suffers from unbearable pelvic pain and has a low-grade fever.
- The color and smell of the urine appear unusual.
- The patient can feel pressure in the abdominal region.
Known Causes of Cystitis
The causes of cystitis include:
- Bacterial infections are sexually transmitted.
- The use of catheters for a prolonged time can cause inflammation in the urinary tract.
- The use of harsh chemicals through soaps and sprays can cause inflammation.
- People exposed to radiation are more likely to suffer from cystitis.
- The use of certain medications can cause inflammation in the urinary tract.
People who are at a higher risk of suffering from inflammation and infection of the urinary tract include:
- Individuals suffering from immune system disorders are more likely to suffer from cystitis.
- Pregnant women are at a higher risk of suffering from urinary tract infections and inflammation.
- Women in menopause suffer from multiple urinary tract problems, including cystitis.
- People with other bladder problems such as; gallbladder stones and enlarged prostate are at a higher risk of suffering from cystitis.
The preventive measures that can decrease the chances of cystitis include:
- Everyone must increase their fluid intake. People should consume 1.2 liters of water despite the changes in the weather conditions.
- People should frequently urinate and avoid controlling it for hours.
- People should avoid sharing bathtubs. It is better to shower; to avoid the transmission of bacteria from one person to other.
- Avoid using products with harsh chemicals on the genital area and vagina. Also, keep it dry to reduce the moisture that may promote the growth of bacteria.
- Always empty the balder after engaging in sexual intercourse.
Complications of Cystitis
The patient must seek help to avoid complications such as kidney infection, which may cause permanent damage to the organ and spread to other parts of the body through the bloodstream.
Diagnosis for Cystitis
The tests that assist in diagnosing a patient with cystitis include:
- Imaging Tests help detect other possibilities, such as a tumor that cause the person to suffer from similar symptoms.
- Cystoscopy is the procedure; in which a tube with a camera is inserted in the patient’s urethra to detect any problem with the bladder lining.
- Urine culture helps detect the presence of bacteria in the body.
- The urine testing helps detect the pus cells and RBCs in the urine.
The treatment option proven beneficial include:
- Use of Antibiotics: If the cause of inflammation is bacteria, then the medications help fight the infection.
- Sacral Nerve Stimulation: It is a procedure, in which electrical pulses are utilized for relieving pelvic pain. It also helps in reducing the excessive urge to urinate.
People diagnosed with the condition should consult the best urologist in Islamabad. The specialist will help identify the cause of the problem. Additionally, the doctor will help the person understand the precautionary measure and complications associated with cystitis.