Desiccants are the type of agents or compounds. Silica Gel or Montmorillonite Clay is a valuable desiccant that absorbs moisture from the air and is beneficial in low humidity. These two materials are helpful in storage, maintenance, transportation, and products packaging. The desiccant manufacturer keeps the desiccant quality in mind and its ph levels during processing purposes.
Here is the list of things to keep in mind about the design
The desiccant manufacturer has designed it to combat water contamination and other problems that might be in packaging.
- The level of water vapor presence is in the package.
- The material contains moisture levels.
- The presence of moisture is in the walls of the container.
- Due to the leakage or permeation issue, the entry of the water is inside the package.
Therefore, it is crucial to determine the condition regarding the integrity of the product of pharma desiccant. It should include keeping a check on chronic diseases that have relative humidity and temperature levels.
Things to check while selecting the appropriate desiccants
At the packaging, it becomes essential to check the actual condition of the product. It includes the temperature and humidity levels while packing the product and using the suitable desiccant.
- Know about the present environment conditions: You want to select the suitable it then, it becomes essential to know regarding the shipment and storage of the product. On the other hand, damage can happen to the product when exposed to the changing temperature levels and relative humidity levels. Desiccant manufacturers are keeping in mind that the material should have the strength to save the product quality from the damage that may happen due to the temperature and humidity levels.
- Dew Point of temperature: The dew point of the temperature is at which the water vapor exceeds the saturation point. Then, the water vapors squeeze out, and after that, it forms dew or condensation.
- Know about the product packaging: It becomes vital to determine the container in which the pharma desiccant has to do the product’s packaging. Based on the flexibility, you have to decide about the container you have to pack the product.
Common types of desiccants
The common types of desiccants based on strength and quality are as follows.
- Montmorillonite clay: The creation of Montomorillite clay is through the process of magnesium aluminum drying process. At the different levels of temperature, you can use the clay multiple times. It is possible to use the clay at low-temperature levels to pack the product.
- Silica gel: The most common desiccant for product packaging is silica gel. The two materials used for making silica gel are sulfuric acid and sodium silicate. It can hold a high amount of water by absorption.
- Calcium oxide: Calcium Oxide or Quick Lime has a moderate level of absorption capacity. At low humidity levels, it absorbs high levels of water vapor when the product is packed in it. It is most effective to use quick lime at the relative humidity levels. Desiccant manufacturer and specialist prepares quick lime for efficient packaging.
- Calcium sulfate: Calcium sulfate is an inexpensive desiccant available for packaging. The desiccants manufacturers prepare the calcium sulfate in the process of dehydration of gypsum. You can use it for the general purpose because of its stability, non-toxic and non-corrosive. It does not release water when exposed to high levels of temperature. The calcium sulfate’s low cost should weigh against and equally to the low absorptive capacity of the product. The type of pharma desiccant is useful to pack medicines.