Whether you want to change the default password of your Netgear wireless router or enable SSID broadcast, you need to log in to your device. However, many users face issues while trying to log in to their home routers. Are you one of them? If the answer to the question is yes, thankfully you have stumbled upon the right post.
Here, we have mentioned the step-by-step guidelines that will help you log in to your Netgear router in a hassle-free manner. So, scroll down and read on.
Different Methods to Perform Netgear Router Login
There are two different methods through which you can easily access the Netgear router login page. They are as follows:
- Via Manual Method
- Using Netgear Genie App
You are free to choose any of these two methods to access the Netgear router login page.
Netgear Router Login via Manual Method
Mentioned below are the instructions that you need to follow in order to log in to your Netgear wireless router via the Manual method:
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Open an internet browser of your choice.
Note: Whether you use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, or any other web browser, make sure that it is running on an updated version. Also, clear the cookies, and browsing history of the web browser you have chosen.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type routerlogin.net.
Note: If routerlogin.net refuses to work for you, it is recommended that you use the default IP address to log in to your Netgear router.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear router login page will appear on your system screen.
- When prompted, enter the default username and password, and click Log In.
And that’s it! By following these instructions, you will be able to perform Netgear router login using the Manual method.
Netgear Router Login Using Genie App
Walk through the below-outlined guidelines and learn how to log in to your Netgear router using the Netgear Genie app:
- Unlock your mobile device and perform Netgear Genie download.
- Next, launch the Netgear Genie application on your device.
- Tap the Sign In button.
- Enter the default username and password of your Netgear wireless router.
Note: If you are not sure of the default username and password of your device, it is advised that you refer to the user manual that came along with your router.
- Tap Log In.
- The BASIC Home screen will come into view.
Congratulations! In this manner, you will be able to log in to your Netgear WiFi router using the Netgear Genie app. In case you face any issues during the process, follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned below.
Can’t Perform Netgear Router Login?
- Make sure that the connection between your Netgear router and the existing modem is stable. If you have used an Ethernet cable to connect your devices, ensure that it is not worn out or damaged from anywhere.
- If your router is placed near transmitting appliances, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, or electronic devices, change its location right away. Also, avoid placing your Netgear router in corners or near thick concrete walls.
- If you are still not able to access the Netgear router login page, then chances are that there is something wrong with your device. In that case, bring a Netgear range extender home and perform Netgear WiFi extender setup.
Performing Netgear router login is not rocket science. However, many users face issues during the process. If you do not want to have the same fate, then consider taking the help of the steps mentioned above.
If this article helped you even one percent to log in to your Netgear wireless router, do leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.