Performing Linksys router setup via the default IP address is quite easy. However, many users come across the Linksys router IP not working issue while configuring their devices. Are you one of them? If the answer to the question is yes, then understand that you have nothing to worry about.
In this article, we have mentioned some of the most common reasons why you are facing the Linksys router IP not working issue along with the solutions to troubleshoot it. So, quit waiting, and read on.
Reasons behind Linksys Router IP Not Working Issue
Outlined below are the topmost factors contributing to the Linksys router IP not working issue:
- The connection between your Linksys router and the existing modem is not strong.
- You haven’t used the correct IP address to log in to your Linksys wireless router.
- The firmware of your Linksys router is outdated or corrupted.
- The internet browser that you are using is running on an outdated version.
- The signals of your router are getting interrupted or blocked.
- Technical glitches can also lead you to the Linksys router IP not working issue.
Now, take the help of the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue you are currently facing.
Fixed: Linksys Router IP Not Working Issue
- Reboot Your Linksys Router
Before you refer to any other troubleshooting step, reboot your Linksys wireless router. Mentioned below are the instructions you need to follow in order to reboot your device:
- Disconnect your Linksys router from the existing modem.
- Power off your Linksys router and unplug it from the electrical outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Then, plug your Linksys router back into the electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Do not forget to connect your Linksys router and the existing modem.
Now, check whether you are still facing the Linksys router IP not working issue. If you are, consider following the next troubleshooting hack.
- Check the Internet Connection
Chances are that your internet connection is not standing up to the mark. Perhaps, your Internet Service Provider is the one at fault. To confirm the same, get in touch with him. If he agrees that the internet issue is from his end, ask him to get it fixed.
In case the issue isn’t from his side, then check the connection between your Linksys router and the existing modem. If the Ethernet cable connecting your devices is damaged, get it replaced with a new one immediately.
- Use the Correct IP Address
Perhaps, you haven’t entered the correct IP address in the address bar of your web browser. To rectify the issue, make sure that you are using the correct IP address.
If being careful doesn’t work in your favor either, then consider using the default web address of your Linksys wireless router.
- Buy a Linksys Extender
If none of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips have worked for you so far, there is a possibility that there is something wrong with your router.
To troubleshoot the issue, it is advised that you either replace your current wireless router, or bring a Linksys extender home and perform Linksys WiFi extender setup. If you are not sure about the process of Linksys extender setup, it is recommended that refer to the user manual. You will every little detail regarding your device in there.
This was all about the troubleshooting tips to resolve the Linksys router IP not working issue. We hope that after taking the help of the steps mentioned in this post, you will be able to get rid of the issue you were facing with your device. If you do, don’t forget to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section. We would love to read that we could be of some help to you.