When you visit a dental office, the dentist or hygienist will clean your teeth and check for any problems. They will also ask you questions about your oral health. You can also get X-rays, fillings, and other dental work done in the office.
Who is a dentist?
A dentist is a healthcare professional trained to diagnose, treat, and prevent diseases and disorders of the teeth and gums.
What does a dentist do?
A dentist can provide many services, including:
- Cleaning teeth: The dentist or dental hygienist will remove tartar, plaque, and stains from your teeth. They may also polish your teeth.
- Examining your mouth: The dentist will check for cavities, gum disease, and other problems.
- X-rays help the dentist check for problems that cannot be seen with the naked eye, such as cavities between the teeth.
- Fillings: If you have a cavity, the dentist will remove the decayed part of the tooth and fill it with a material, such as an amalgam or composite resin.
- Extractions: If you have a tooth that is too damaged to be saved, the dentist will remove it.
- Crowns: If you have a tooth that is damaged but not enough to warrant an extraction, the dentist may place a crown over it.
- Bridges: If you have missing teeth, the dentist may place a bridge to fill the gap. The bridge is held in place by dental implants or natural teeth.
Below should be your expectations when you visit dental office queens:
1) The dental staff should give you a thorough cleaning
The cleaning will remove any plaque or tartar from your teeth. The staff will also floss your teeth and polish them.
2) The dentist will check for any problems
The dentist will look for cavities, gum disease, or other issues. They will also check your mouth for signs of cancer.
3) You may get X-rays
The dentist may take X-rays of your mouth to look for problems.
4) You may get dental work done
If you have a cavity, the dentist will fill it. The dentist may clean your teeth and gums if you have gum disease. You may also get crowns, bridges, or dentures.
5) You will be asked about your oral health
The dentist will ask you about your oral health habits. They will also ask if you have any pain or swelling in your mouth.
6) You will be advised on how to improve your oral health
The dentist will give you advice on brushing and flossing your teeth. They will also tell you about other ways to keep your mouth healthy.
7) You will be given a list of dental products
The dentist may give you a list of products to improve your oral health. These products may include toothpaste, floss, mouthwash, and toothbrush heads.
8) You will be given a schedule for future dental visits
The dentist will tell you how often you should come back for a cleaning. They will also tell you when you should have X-rays or other dental work done.
In conclusion, going to the dentist is essential for maintaining good oral health. The dentist will clean your teeth, check for any problems, and advise you on improving your oral health.