Wishing for brighter and more youthful skin?
Pigmentation is caused by an increase in melanin content, which is a natural pigment that gives color to the skin, hair, and eyes. Some factors can trigger an increase in melanin production, but the most important amongst them are exposure to the sun, hormonal influences, age, and skin lesions or inflammation.
And to get rid of pigmentation, many of you must have tried various treatment methods with no proper results. Cosmelan is a unique chemical peel that handles all forms of hyperpigmentation quickly and efficiently. With the powerful combination of depigmentation agents, treatment works to reduce melanin production by inhibiting the enzyme tyrosinase. It is fast, effective, and pain-free and it reduces stains caused by excess melanin production by slowly fading the pigment and reabsorbing the pigment further.
Some other conditions which can be treated with cosmelan depigmentation treatment are;
– Brown Spots
– Blotchy Skin
– Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation After Any Damage To The Skin Like Acne
Different types of Pigmentation
|Liver spots or solar lentigines are also known as age spots.||Brown, tan, or black spots that appear on the skin with sun overexposure|
|Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation||Spots or patches of darkened skin appear after an inflammatory skin condition, such as acne or eczema.|
|Mask of pregnancy, also known as Melasma||Large patches of darkened skin|
Here are some reasons to opt for cosmelan peel to treat pigmentation;
- It is pain-free: The peel is completely painless. Once it is washed, the skin will feel quite sensitive to peeling and healing for 1 to 2 weeks.
- It handles all kinds of pigmentation: Often triggered by birth control pills or pregnancy, hormone pigmentation – known as melasma – is notoriously difficult to treat. Those with darker skin types, in particular, are at increased risk for developing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) and are therefore not suitable for light-based treatments/ Lasers.
With approximately 95% reduction in undesirable pigmentation, the treatment is suitable for PIH, sunspots, pale spots, and brown marks and achieves impressive results with melasma – even in darker skin tones.
- It is suitable for all races and skin types: Unlike lasers, Cosmelan depigmentation peel can be used by most consumers. It safely removes unwanted pigmentation from all skin types and tones and can be used by all races. However, it should not be used for those with very sensitive skin or rosacea.
- Cosmelan can be used year-round: The prevailing wisdom is that laser treatments are best reversed for cooler months to avoid the risk of UV-induced intermittent hyperpigmentation. Cosmelan, on the other hand, is an ideal treatment all year round. It is often used to correct hyperpigmentation that may occur after laser treatment.
- It works quickly: So quickly, in fact, only one treatment is needed (external peeling for pigmentation usually requires 6 or more treatments). Treatment begins at the clinic with the application of a Cosmelan I mask. After 8 to 12 hours, the patient can rinse the mask and can have redness, tenderness, and mild swelling (unlike sunburn) for 3 to 4 days, and up to Two weeks of peeling.
One week after starting cosmelan depigmentation therapy, significant improvement of the skin can be observed, and new shiny and rejuvenated skin appears.
Precautions to be taken before proceeding with cosmelan
- Stop evening and night creams 2 days before the procedure.
- The treatment must not be interrupted under any circumstances, during the entire treatment period.
- Combination of the Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment with other Depigmentation treatment is avoided.
- Follow-up visits are recommended 8 days or 15 days after, and a follow-up visit every month thereafter.
Side effects from cosmelan peel
Protecting the skin from the sun is mandatory. Side effects from cosmelan peel include redness, skin irritation, and tightness. While scarring is possible, these side effects are reduced when the peel is applied by a professional.
Pigmentation is a common skin condition affecting many people for various reasons. It is a harmless skin condition that people can get rid of using removal techniques such as cosmetic treatments, creams, and home remedies. For hyperpigmentation, it is advised to visit the best dermatology hospital for effective cosmelan peel treatment.