Christmas is a time for family, friends, and of course, festive lights! If you’re looking to take your outdoor Christmas lighting design to the next level, we’ve got some tips and tricks to help you out. With a little bit of planning and creativity, you can create a holiday display that’s sure to impress your neighbors and get you into the holiday spirit.
As you start planning your outdoor Christmas, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. First, you’ll need to decide what kind of look you’re going for. Are you going for a traditional display with classic string illumination and garland? Or are you looking for something a little more unique and modern? Once you’ve decided on the overall look, you can start planning out your design.
Until then, check out these ideas to get your creative juices flowing!
Tip #1: Go big and bold.
One way to make a statement with your outdoor Christmas lighting is to go big and bold with your displays. Think over-the-top chandeliers, giant snowflakes, or even a towering tree of illumination. Whatever you choose, make sure it’s something that will really stand out.
We suggest you incorporate these things into your design:
- Choose a single focal point. This could be a large tree, a starburst, or even a giant wreath. Whatever you choose, make sure it’s the center of attention.
- Incorporate different sizes and types. Use string, icicles, spotlights, and more to add dimension and interest to your display.
- Use colors that pop. Go for bright, bold colors that will really stand out against the darkness of the night.
Tip #2: Get creative with your placements.
Just because you’ve always put it in the same place doesn’t mean you have to this year. Get creative with your placements and try something new. Who knows, you might just find a new favorite way to display your holiday decorations.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Wrap trees and shrubs. This is a classic look that can be really stunning.
- Line walkways and driveways. This will create a warm and inviting path for guests.
- Hang it from the eaves of your home. This is a great way to add some extra sparkle to your holiday display.
If you really want to get creative, but don’t have the time to do a lot of planning, you can always contact lighting professionals at Blingle! to help you out!
Tip #3: Use it to create interesting shapes and patterns.
One way to take your outdoor Christmas glow to the next level is to get creative with the shapes and patterns you create. There are endless possibilities when it comes to bright displays, so let your imagination run wild.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- String lights in geometric shapes. This could be anything from a simple line to a complex geometric pattern.
- Create outlines of Santa, reindeer, or other holiday icons. This is a great way to add some holiday cheer to your display.
- Use it to spell out holiday words or phrases. This is a fun way to personalize your display.
Tip #4: Incorporate other elements into your outdoor Christmas illumination design.
Christmas illumination is just one element of a great holiday display. To really take your outdoor Christmas to the next level, incorporate other elements into your design. things like inflatable holiday characters, life-sized nutcrackers, or even a giant gingerbread house.
Whatever you choose, make sure it fits in with the overall look and feel of your display. And don’t forget to add some dazzle!
Tip #5: Get the timing right.
Timing is everything when it comes to outdoor Christmas lighting. You want your display to be visible during the hours when people are most likely to be out and about, so plan accordingly. In general, dusk to dawn is the best time to have your illumination on. But if you live in an area where there’s a lot of foot traffic, you may want to keep your lights on into the evening hours.
Having your luster on during the day can also be a great way to add some extra holiday cheer to your neighborhood. So if you’re feeling ambitious, try stringing up some dazzle during the daytime and enjoy the festive atmosphere all day long.
Whatever you do, make sure you have a plan for when to turn your lights on and off. No one wants to be up at 3 am fumbling with extension cords!
With these tips in mind, you’re sure to create an outdoor Christmas lighting display that’s sure to impress. So get out there and start spreading some holiday cheer! From making your own lighted decorations to getting creative with your Christmas placements, there are endless ways to make your home shine bright this holiday season. So get out there and start spreading some holiday cheer!