How to change snapchat username your username is one of the most significant components of any social media presence, and it should be chosen carefully. You can only be recognised, connected with, and related to your brand if people can identify and connect with you. What occurs when you wish to alter or replace your Snapchat username, however, is a different story.
The short answer is that you will not be able to change your username unless you cancel your existing account and create a new one on the site. Regardless, you may always modify your public display name, which is visible to everyone. It is important not to mix the two.
This guide will teach you all you need to know about knowing how to change Snapchat username. So, let’s begin!
Snapchat Username Vs Snapchat Display Name
Before we get into the specifics of how to change Snapchat name and username, let’s take a quick look at what the differences are between the two. Your display name is the same as your Snapchat profile name, and it is this that people see while they are in a discussion.
Not only is it possible for you to alter your own display name, but it is also feasible for others to change your display name on their end as well. With regards to your Snapchat username, you choose something memorable when you initially register an account. Now let us see how to change the display name, and then move ahead to how to change Snapchat username!
How To Change Snapchat Display Name?
If you establish a Snapchat account and write in your desired username, you will not be able to alter it again until you delete your existing account and start a new one, as previously suggested. Your display name, on the other hand, is something you may alter and change as much as you like.
This action allows you the opportunity to develop something that is easily distinguishable from other users, allowing them to recognise you as the author. The following steps will show you how to modify your Snapchat display name on mobile:
- Launch the Snapchat application.
- Click on the wheel symbol next to “My Profile” to access the “Settings” menu.
- Select “Name” from the drop-down menu to delete, update, or create a new display name.
- After you’ve typed your new display name, click “Save,” and it will be visible to everyone who visits your profile. In contrast, if they already have your contact stored under your old name, they’ll have to modify your contact and re-save it under your new name.
Now, let us see how to change Snapchat username.
How To Change Snapchat Username (Android, iOS)
The only way of how to change Snapchat username is to erase your existing Snapchat account and start a new one, which is unfortunately not an option. You may find detailed instructions on how to deactivate your Snapchat account in the link provided.
While the procedure of creating a new account isn’t difficult, the downside of using this option is that you won’t be able to transfer your data to the new account and will have to start over from the beginning instead. Following that, below are the procedures to follow in order to know how to change Snapchat username:
- Delete your existing Snapchat account by following the procedures in the article listed above. Create a new Snapchat account. Then, from the home screen, choose “Sign Up” from the drop-down menu. On the next screen, enter your first and last names and then click on the “Sign Up & Accept” button to confirm your registration.
- After you’ve entered your name, you’ll need to fill out the form with your birthdate information. You may enter your birthday information into the provided date picker and then tap on “Continue” to progress to the next step.
- Now, create a new username and a password for yourself. As previously said, you will not be able to modify your Snapchat username once you have created it, therefore it is advisable to select a username that you will not regret in the future.
- Complete the registration procedure by entering your email address. Using your phone number and OTP authentication instead of your email address is also an option for you. That’s all there is to it. You have successfully learnt how to alter your Snapchat username using a workaround method.
We hope you understood how to change Snapchat username!
Making How To Change Snapchat Username Simple
However, although it is frustrating that you cannot alter your Snapchat username, it is probable that the majority of users will appreciate the ability to modify the display name. Only by creating a new Snapchat account will you be able to change your Snapchat username if you are certain of your decision to do so. We hope this article on how to change Snapchat username helped you!