Out of all the taxation software present out there in the market, Turbotax is the most reliable one. The whole process of taxation is carried out in a few minutes using Turbotax. Using the application, you will be able to check previous years returns also according to the version of the application that you are using. But, there are times when you face issues with the Turbotax application. One of such issues is when you fail to open the tax file in Turbotax. At such times, you will have to attempt to open tax files without Turbotax. But do you know how to open a . Tax file without TurboTax? If not, you have come to the right place. Here, we have explained to you all the steps to open a tax file without using Turbotax.
Instant Way to Open a Tax File
Here are all the steps that you need to follow to open a tax file is some simple steps. This method is applicable for almost all versions of Turbotax.
- To do this, you will have to download from installturbotax com and install Turbotax on your system in case you have not installed the application on the system.
- When done, you will have to start the Turbotax application on your system.
- Now, you will have to tap on the File tab present in the left side corner of the screen.
- After this, choose the option to open tax returns from the menu option.
- When done, you will have to go to the year menu where your tax file is present. Click on the file and you can then view the tax return.
Convert Returns into PDF
There are numerous features that Turbotax has to offer to the users because of which top venture capital firms choose this application for carrying out the taxation process. One of such features is that you can convert all your return into pdf. You can then save the pdf file on the system. Below we have listed all the steps that you have to follow to complete the process.
- For this, you will have to go to the Turbotax Tax2PDF page. On this page, you will have to hover to the Browse tab and then click on it.
- When done, you will have to look for the file that you wish to see and then double-click on the same. Now, you choose the file and then tap on the Open button.
- Now, you will have to tap on the submit tab. You will now have to wait till the Tax2PDF process will complete. On the completion of the process, you will get the option to download the file.
- When done, open the file from the location where you have downloaded the file. You can check the file.
Steps to Open Tax File Using Turbotax Free Edition
Now, another method that you can use to open the Turbotax file of the previous year is to use the Turbotax free edition. Here are all the steps that you have to follow.
- To begin with, open the Web browser and then visit the official Turbotax website. You will then have to look for the version of the application you want to download.
- When done, you will have to type your login credentials properly.
- Next, tap on the login option.
- You will now get the option for the previous year’s return on your system.
- To check returns from the earlier version of the application, request IRS.
- Tap on the download option and then save your tax file in an easily accessible folder.
- When done, you will have to install the application and then check all the previous year’s returns.
So, these were all the steps that you have to follow to open a tax file without Turbotax. We have tried explaining all the steps in detail for your convenience. We hope that the article was beneficial for you.